Monday, February 1, 2010

hey lovelies

Havent written in some time. Hope you are are well. Everything is going good here. Just passed the three month mark and I am starting to feel very comfortable in Kenyan and at the same time homesickness is really creeping in.

I think i may be in my favorite job i have ever had... except the pay that is. i am volunteering in an internally dispalced person camp. on tuesday anmd thursdays i work alongside a retitred nurse fro the surrunding community and a pahrmcst from camp in the clinic. many sick children. respiratory illnesses, malaria, hypertension, diabetes, chronoc pain, ameobas, dysentary. it is different very different from 5 north cardiac telemtry and really challenging my assessment skills. my favorite times are home visits. there are several people with chronic illnesses in camp that i visit weekly. combiong two of my loves-tents and home health care. on wednessdays i meet with the HIV group at camp. i also joineda prayer group with some ladies on wednessday evenng as well. in this next month. we will be attemoting to hold a course for mamams on child and womens health. we are also working on a poridge program for malnourished babies. im really l;iking being here. it is challenging and frustrating and rewarding and beautiful and heartbreaking and inspiring all at once.

i am making some good friends and speaking some good kiswahili. i get made fun of a lot in my attepmts but it adds entertainmets. thee was a soloar eclispe here a couple of weeks ago that blew my away. i have a brother from new zealand named joel agrandam named paris and a new mom named mary. there is anoth volunteer from new york named shamarie.

my fundraing website is not working. if you would like to donat please send donations to my mom at 37773 Circle Drive harrison twp. MI 48045 i am fundraising to offset medical costs in the clinic. things like madications and hospital fares. even the smalles tamount is helpful. i really love you and i appreciate your kind words and proayers. really looking forward to coming home and being with you all. i love you.

1 comment:

  1. "combining two of my loves-tents and home health care"... I love this!

    I think of you and smile, I think of what you are doing and I am astonished... You are good and I feel happy and teary and warm when I think of you.
    KEEP IT UP,
    Peace, Love, and Hope,
    J.P.

    ReplyDelete